Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant managerial position.
1. POSITION: ENGINEERING SERVICES MANAGER.
Minimum BSc. Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical) and must have a postgraduate Degree in the relevant field. The candidate must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) of Tanzania.
- Reporting Relationship:
Reports to the Director of Operations.
Supervises heads of Sections.
At least four years working experience in the field at a managerial position.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Heads the Engineering Services Department..
- Coordinates all sections under the department of Engineering Services namely Roads, Buildings, Water; Electrical, Workshop and Transportation.
- Makes sure that appropriate designs, drawings, specifications and Tender documents for Capital Development Projects are in place (i.e. Buildings, Machineries, Plants and Vehicles etc.).
- Advises the Director of Operations accordingly on procurement of Contractors/ whenever the need arises.
- Authorizes the requirement needs from all user Sections of the Department for purchase
- Prepares departmental reports i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually; and other reports as may be required.
- Prepares departmental Annual Budget and tables it to the appropriate authorities.
- Prepares/determines training needs for all staff in the Department.
- Advises on Recruitment and Performance Appraisal for all staff of the department in consideration of Sectional Heads reports.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Director or other seniors.
- Salary and Remuneration:
SG 15 (NCAA Salary Scale) Tshs. 3,598,980/= x 117,040/= - 3,833,060/= per month. Entry point will depend on qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include free housing, transport and medical services.
Mode of Application
Applications in own-handwriting with a comprehensive typed curriculum vitae, accompanied with copies of relevant academic transcripts and certificates, plus names, phone numbers and addresses of three referees to be sent to:
- All applications should be addressed to:
The Conservator of Ngorongoro
Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority,
NGORONGORO CRATER, ARUSHA
Applications should reach the Conservator not later than December 6, 2010..
Important: Applicants should indicate their telephone/fax numbers and e-mail addresses for quick response.